About Sairme Pillars
The region of Lechkhumi is rich with remarkable natural and historical monuments. Among them is one of the natural monuments, rocky massif- Sairme Pillars. The desert of Sairme is located between village Alpana and Chreloba, near the village Sairme. On the right bank of the river Rioni, from the mountain pass, where the road folds between the uphill and downhill, one can see Sairme Pillars.
On the territory of Sairme deserts there is organized passengers’ route, called “Sairme Pillars”, which is about 3 km long. The road binds up in the forest from the mountain pass, where you can drive a 4X4 car for about 1 km. later, so you will have to go on by foot, as the road becomes very narrow, and continues walking up and up, in the uphill of the forest. After passing by that uphill, the road leads you on the peak of the mountain. Here you will come across the ruins of the Middle Age Virgin Mary’s Church. After walking several kilometers away from the ruins, the pass finishes on the peak of the mountain, 680 kilometers away from the sea level. And in front of you, there are picturesque views and wonderful sights of Sairme Pillars.
- The distance from Tbilisi to Sairme Pillars is 243 km;
- From Kutaisi- 48 km;
- From Ambrolauri- 35 km.
- There are several ways to reach the mountain pass, among them is public transport.
- From the car parking of Tbilisi, called “Okriba” in the daytime, you can catch a Marshutka, which will take you to village Chreloba. The fee is 20 GEL.
- Form the Kutaisi International Airport there goes Marshutkas, to the Lentekhi, and costs just 8 GEL.
- The word “Sairme” is translated in Georgia, like “a place for deer”.
Our guides are ready to help you on this trip