Public Transport in Tbilisi - Tickets, Fares, Maps
4 main questions for safe and cheap travel
Question #1 – how to get from point A to point B?
Tbilisi public transport covers subway, bus and microbus. It does not matter where you start and end your journey, price is always the same.
You can use the route planners to travel inside Tbilisi:
- http://tm.ge/routes/site.php Or download the application:http://ttc.com.ge/?lang_id=ENG&sec_id=158;
Unlikely to European countries, taxi service in Georgia is quite affordable. Price from Tbilisi international airport to any point in the city, should not be over 25 GEL. If taxi driver asks for more, it means that he tries to benefit of the situation. There are more than 10 taxi companies available on the market, where you can call and book a taxi; they will inform you about the rate in advance.
In order to cross the whole city you will need about 15 GEL and 5-7 GEL inside the city transportation. Basically, mean of payment is cash, but some of the taxis are equipped with payment terminals. We suggest to keep small notes, because it is often that drivers don’t have (or they pretend) the change and you have to pay more.
- MAXIM - Application available - +995 32 2606060;
- Toyota-Taxi - Application not available - +995 32 2511;
- Reno taxi - Application not available - +995 32 2306060;
- Taxify Georgia - Application available - http://taxify.eu/cities/tbilisi ;
- Tbilisi City Taxi -Application not available +995 2 2717 717 ;
- GG Georgia - Application available - https://www.ggtaxi.com/ - +995 32 2200200;
Question #2 – how to pay for public transport?
- subway - ttc.com.ge - price 0.5 GEL - transport card - travel during one hour after 1st payment is free;
- bus - ttc.com.ge - price 0.5 GEL - transport card, coins - travel during one hour after 1st payment is free;
- microbus - transport card, coins, cash - price 0.8 GEL - second and after payments during a day rate is lower and costs only 0.65 GEL
Question #3 – Mobile operators and their rates?
There are three mobile service providers in Georgia and the difference between their rates is not material.
- Magti- http://magticom.ge/ (Service center at Tbilisi internation Airport 20:00 (8 PM) – 10:00 (10AM) - Except public holidays)
- Geocell - https://geocell.ge/en (Service center at Tbilisi internation Airport 24/7 breaks:12:30-13:00, 16:30-17:00, 00:30-01:00 და 04:30-05:00)
- Beeline -http://beeline.ge/en-us/tbilisi/customers/mobile?custom=async (Service center at Tbilisi internation Airport Mon-Fri; 10:00-19:00 wekent: 10:00-17:00).
Question #4 – From which station can I go out of the city?
In order to take the transport to the direction of some other parts of country/cities you have to use the following bus-stations:
- Kakheti region – (Telavi, Sighnaghi, Sagarejo, Akhmeta – Ortachala and Isani bus-stations, Isani subway station)
- Lower Kartli region (Marneuli, Bolnisi) – Central railway station, Ortachala bus-station, Navtlughi (Samgori metro station lower entrance)
- Samstkhe-Javakheti region (Akhaltsikhe, Aklalkalaki, Ninotsminda, Abastumani, Vardzia) – central railway station, Didube bus-station (Didube subway station is the same)
- Inner Kartli and West part of Georgia (Mtskheta, Kaspi, Gori, Kareli, Khashuri, Sachkhere, Kutaisi, Zestafoni, Chiatura, Batumi, Lanchkhuti, Zugdidi) – Central railway station, Didube bus-station (Didube subway station is the same)
You can contact online to the following transport companies:
- Georgian Railway - http://www.railway.ge/?lang=eng
- Metro Georgia - http://geometro.ge/en/home
You Might Also Like This
Top 5 tourist destinations in kakheti
The Best GPS Application For Hikers
What to see in Tbilisi in 1 day
Currency in Georgia
Emergency services in Georgia
Top 10 places to see in Georgia
The Catchers in the... Khada Gorge
Tavkavta- my inspirational experience
Mobile Operators in Tbilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi - the capital of Georgia, country
Hiking in Birtvisi
5 Reasons to visit Georgia, country
Top 5 night clubs in Tbilisi
Wine Festival Tbilisi, Georgia
Transportation in Tbilisi, Georigia
Top 10 Georgian dishes you can't forget
Exchange money in Tbilisi, Georgia
Airport shuttle Tbilisi, Georgia
Tap water safety in Tbilisi, Georgia
The Knights of Udziro Lake
How safe is to travel in Georgia
Georgian Trip Cost
Taxi service in Georgia
Catholic Churches, Synagogues and Mosques in Tbilisi
Post a Comment
Please Sign in to post your comment