The Best GPS Application For Hikers
The main demands/criterias, according to I, as a hiker, used to choose the applications:
- Topographic offline map (in mountainous regions there is a problem of communications);
- The opportunity of adding interesting places (POI – Point of Interest);
- The opportunity to write down the motions (Track Record);
- Application reliability (error, crash -the security from problems)
- The opportunity to add a route.
The application, on the other side the basic demands, has also its web platform, where you can:
- Paint a route on the map and transfer it into your mobile (mobile and web platform are synchronized and this way, you don’t have to transfer the files with your own hands);
- To create a route by an old recording;
- Search and write down the routes, created by other hikers;
- Look through your own routes, particularly (track). This information includes the passed distance, the distance of the vertical line, estimating of vertical line motion, the average speed and so on...
This application is compatible with GPX format, as well as with the web platform. GPX format is one of the most distinguished and free formation.
Here you can see the instruction of the main operations.
Which application would you recommend and why?